Veggie Delight

Experiments in cooking !!

Friday, October 06, 2006

Dhankar !!

Ok.. I really donot know why this name. But this is a kind of raitha and one of my favorite when my Mom makes it.

Ingredients:

Urad dal - 2 Tbs
Thick Curd - 1/2 Cup
Green Chillies - 2
Asafotida - a pinch
Cumin seeds
Curry leaves
Coriander leaves

To Season: Oil & 1/2 Spn of Mustard seeds

Procedure

1. Fry the urad dal for about 2 minutes and grind into smooth powder when cold.
2. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Cut the chillies into small pieces and add.
3. Season the mustard ina spoon of oil and add finally.

Raitha ready in minutes.

Note: You can also do a raw raitha without frying the urad dal but directly powdering it.

Dhankar :

10 Comments:

  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger Krithika said…

    My mom makes it too. We call it 'Dangar' pachadi. Thanks for sharing

     
  • At 1:49 AM, Blogger Admin said…

    Looks very healthy.. Will try it out

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger FH said…

    Dhankar, a very unusual name indeed! Dunker perhaps!:))
    Looks good, almost like my Potato soup!!:) I will try,easy enough!

    I am glad everything is alright with your pc!!Welcome back!:)

     
  • At 5:54 AM, Blogger Menu Today said…

    Hi,
    we add small pieces of tomato to dangar pachadi.Thanks.This pachadi goes well with masala chappathi.

     
  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger Prema Sundar said…

    Haven't heard of this recipe or name.. sounds easy and good. thanks

     
  • At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sorry to hear about your phone and laptop problems. I had to reformat my drives recently and totally understand! Dhankar sounds yummy, will certainly try. Thanks for sharing.

     
  • At 5:30 PM, Blogger Radhika said…

    This is something new for me.Anyways first time on ur blog,u've a nice one going on here.

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Krithika & Anthony Thnx for the nice words.

    Asha true things are ok & I could retreive some data too.

    MT, will try next time with tomato.

    Prema and Madira let me know if you like it.

     
  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger jayshree said…

    Radhika thnx for stopping by.

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey jayashree, thanks for dropping by at my site. and thanks a lot for sharing this DHANKAR recipe. I've been hunting this recipe for quite sometime. thanks a bunch.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home