Veggie Delight

Experiments in cooking !!

Monday, October 30, 2006

Cucumber Dosa


When I read Shilpa's post about Cucumber Cake, it sounded new to me and wanted to give it a try. I set out to prepare - rice flour ready to be mixed with cucumber in the final step. Just then I realised its one of those days when we donot eat rice !!. With the heap of cucumber staring at me, all I could think of is this quick-fix. Thus a cucumber cake became a Dosa in my plate and you know where to send it :)). Yes this is my entry for WBB #6 'Twist in the Plate' hosted by Nandita of Saffron Trail.

Ingredients :


Cucumber - 1 Medium sized.
Wheat Flour - 2 cups
Chilly Powder
Salt

Method:

1. Grate the cucumber and set aside.
2. Add the chilly powder, salt along with cucumber to wheat flour and mix well. Set aside for about 30 minutes.
3. This batter will become watery due to the water content in cucumber. This should be like the normal dosa batter. If not add very little water and mix well.
4. Heat a tava over medium heat and spread out the batter evenly. Pour oil over the edges and let it cook. Turn to the other side and cook till its done.
5. Serve hot.

Cucumber Dosa:

Cucumber dosa with Coconut Chutney

10 Comments:

  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger Vani said…

    Hey, that's a neat twist! I'll try the dosa sometime, for sure!

     
  • At 2:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    swarna said...

    I like the idea very much.Iwill try the dosa...and hope the dosa will turn nicely and deliciously.

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger Krithika said…

    That's a nice twist. I too make wheat dosa. Will surely try with grated cucumber next time

     
  • At 10:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    wow..thnx for posting this recipe at right time...right now in my house i have left with so many cucumbers ..tried eating as salad,prepared chutney and thought wht more i can do with these..ur dosa looks nice..thnx for sharing ..will try today...

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger FH said…

    Great twist, looks delicious! Coconut chutney looks so green and yummy! Thanks Jay!

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice flavoured dosa to savour....:)

     
  • At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A very good idea ....thx for sharing. I would definitely try this.
    Thanks for sharing.

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    cucumber dosa... that is a nice twist! will try it sometime soon. Thanks for sharing.

     
  • At 9:33 AM, Blogger Malar Gandhi said…

    Hai Jayshree,
    'Cucumber Dosa'!Sounds new to me! Great variation....Will give a try soon.

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger Chef Jeena said…

    Hi there, I like your blog! Nice recipe it looks yummy :) Feel free to visit my blog too :)


    Click here for jeenas food recipe blog :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home