Veggie Delight

Experiments in cooking !!

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Corn Soup

The market being flooded with Corn, I went hunting(browsing !!) for a new recipe.One that caught my attention is the baby corn soup. With some modification to suit my need, this 'Corn Soup' took shape.

Raw Materials:

4 cups water
1 tsp ginger-finely chopped
1 garlic-finely chopped
1 green chilies-finely chopped
1 tbsp coriander leaves-finely chopped
2 tbsp cabbage-finely chopped
2 tbsp capsicum-finely chopped
2 tbsp carrot- Grated
2 tbsp peas
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp soy sauce
3 tbsp oil
salt as required



Production:

1. Pressure cook the corn and let it cool.
2. Remove the kernel from the cob & blend into a smooth paste in blender.


3. In a pan stir fry ginger, garlic and green chilies for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the capsicum & corn paste and stir fry again for 2 minutes.
5. Now add salt,pepper,soy sauce along with water
6. Stir constantly till it thickens slightly,then add the cabbage,peas and carrot.
7. Remove from heat,add coriander and serve hot.

Final Product:



I like this with variety of veggies in it and an instant success with my hubby too!!

6 Comments:

  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger sudha said…

    Hi jayshree..Welcome to blogging world. Liked your cornsoup. Looking forward for more recipes.
    All the best

    bye
    sudha

     
  • At 12:45 AM, Blogger archana said…

    A warm bowl of soup is very comforting in the Fall. I will add it to my list. Thank you

     
  • At 5:25 AM, Blogger Saleem Pothiwala said…

    looks cool and delicious...

    will keep checking your blog for more veggie recipes... now we have a vegeterian in our social group so need to make some dishes for her :-)

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger Krithika said…

    Welcome to the world of food blogging. This one is different from what I made. Do check out my version too.

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sudha,Thnx for stopping by.Sure will update more..

    Archana,let me know once you tried.

    Daagh,nice of you to recommend veggie recepies.Thnx for the visit too.

    Krithika I checked your soup.Yummy,will try sometime..

     
  • At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice recipe, I will partner this to my stir fried chicken so that my dish will be perfect on my table. Thanks for sharing it here.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home